Sunday, November 30, 2008

Aaaaahhh

It's finally my favorite time of year! We put up our lights and tree today while we listened to my favorite Christmas tunes. Jason doesn't quite enjoy it as much as I do, he even makes me wait until after Thanksgiving until we pull out the Christmas stuff! So as I sit down and enjoy my second cup of hot cocoa, I thought I'd post some pictures of the festivities today:
Alex helping me open the box
Fluffing the branches


Alex hung the first ornament...he did a great job, even if it is backwards!

Jason showing Carter the tree

tree topping time!
I don't have a picture of the finished product yet, we have to buy a new tree topper first. The one we have just doesn't sit nicely on this tree. I think it's time for an angel topper :) Alex really got into it this year and loved helping me pick out spots on the tree to hang all the ornaments. This year was the first year we didn't have to hang any 'generic' ornaments. Every single one is one that we either bought each other or that was given to us by family and friends. One of our Christmas traditions is buying a new ornament and writing the year on the bottom. I love having an ecclectic assortment!

1 comments:

Mandi Merritt said...

Everything is looking great! It's my favorite time of year as well :)