Thursday, December 11, 2008

It was just one of those days!

It started off perfectly normal...great, in fact! Both of the boys woke up happy and we headed off to Bible Study on time. But things started going down hill when we got home. Carter fought naps all day, and Alex didn't take one at all. Then, any spare energy I had left got sucked out of me when I started making dinner. I put on Alex's favorite cartoon (Backyardigans) and set about my business. I walk back in there to check on him, it had only been a couple minutes, and this is what I found:


So I spent the next 25 minutes washing Desitins off Alex, and trying to get it out of the carpet. The good thing is he didn't put any on Carter who was right next to him. I told Jason he missed the 'party' when he got home (10 minutes after I got Alex out of the bath)...and he just laughed at me. So sorry to all of our Life Group friends...I was just too tired to make it last night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! ! I am so glad Emma never did stuff like that, I am not sure I could handle it. Thank goodness none on Carter!!! I am sure he learned his lesson!!!

Lauren said...

OMG! But it looked like fun mom lol. So glad Austin hasnt done anything like this yet. Praying he doesnt! And thank goodness he didnt get any on Carter!

Alex should be diaper rash free for life now huh!

Becca said...

Isn't it amazing what children can get into in such a short amount of time?!! MaKayla got into toothpaste one afternoon when she was about 2 and I was cooking dinner. Well it was all over her, the closet doors,and the furniture. Gotta love the smell of mint! lol

mama k said...

All you can do is take pictures and laugh, right?

I can so relate. I spent a good deal of time scrubbing lip gloss out of the couch with a tooth brush the other day. Sigh.

natalieshaub said...

Oh My!!!! That is too funny!
I bet you thought to yourself... do I get mad OR try not to laugh and take a picture!!!
That is too funny!

Hope your two little boys are sleeping better for you today!